Railway spokesman, journalist, targeted by pickpockets
<p>A spokesman for the railways faced an embarrassing situation, on Friday, when he found that his pocket had been picked while he was at a function to flag off a new train.</p>
A spokesman for the railways faced an embarrassing situation, on Friday, when he found that his pocket had been picked while he was at a function to flag off a new train.
Not only the spokesman, but several others, including a journalist, also became targets of the unidentified pickpocket(s) during the function where Union Minister of State for Railways, Adhir Ranjan Choudhary, flagged off the Habibganj-Indore Double-Decker train at Habibganj station.
Press Information Bureau's Additional Director General and Railway spokesperson Anil Saxena said his wallet, with USD 80, two pen-drives and nearly Rs 1,500 in cash in it, was picked at the station.
Saxena discovered the theft when the journalist called him to inform him about his own missing wallet.
He said he had asked Railway Protection Force officials to file a report with the Government Railway Police.
According the journalist, his wallet was stolen when he was trying to enter the venue on Habibganj Railway Station's platform 4-5 from where the minister was supposed to flag-off the train.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Kalinga Lancers vs UP Wizards, Semi-final
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines