Railways gears up for Maha Kumbh Mela
Besides running special trains and adding coaches in popular trains, additional ticket counters have been opened at the Allahabad railway station.
New Delhi: Keeping in mind the lakhs who will throng Allahabad for the Kumbh Mela starting on Monday, the Ministry of Railways has announced steps to help passengers. Besides running special trains and adding coaches in popular trains, additional ticket counters have been opened at the Allahabad railway station.
New foot over bridges, escalators and waiting halls with drinking water facilities and toilets have come up at the station. Close-circuit TV, medical facilities and crowd management are in place.
Most facilities have been set up in and around Allahabad, from where the majority of travellers are expected, an official statement said. Around 1,900 extra coaches have been requisitioned by the three railway zones catering for the Kumbh.
Over 750 special trains will be run by the North Central Railway during the Kumbh with additional stoppage at Etawah, Allahabad, Naini, Cheokki and Vindhyachal stations. Fourteen additional companies of the Railway Protection Force (RPF) from other zones have been deployed.
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Sushma Swaraj To Pakistan: Stop Dreaming About Kashmir
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Some Reactions Around the World To First Trump-Clinton Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Why Donald Trump's Sniffles Had Internet Choking