Railways gears up for Maha Kumbh Mela
Besides running special trains and adding coaches in popular trains, additional ticket counters have been opened at the Allahabad railway station.
New Delhi: Keeping in mind the lakhs who will throng Allahabad for the Kumbh Mela starting on Monday, the Ministry of Railways has announced steps to help passengers. Besides running special trains and adding coaches in popular trains, additional ticket counters have been opened at the Allahabad railway station.
New foot over bridges, escalators and waiting halls with drinking water facilities and toilets have come up at the station. Close-circuit TV, medical facilities and crowd management are in place.
Most facilities have been set up in and around Allahabad, from where the majority of travellers are expected, an official statement said. Around 1,900 extra coaches have been requisitioned by the three railway zones catering for the Kumbh.
Over 750 special trains will be run by the North Central Railway during the Kumbh with additional stoppage at Etawah, Allahabad, Naini, Cheokki and Vindhyachal stations. Fourteen additional companies of the Railway Protection Force (RPF) from other zones have been deployed.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Team India Report Card: First Test Against Australia in Pune