Railways to conduct inquiry into Kalka derailment
Helpline services have also been launched at Delhi (23962389, 23967332), Allahabad (05322407352, 05322408128).
New Delhi: Railways will run two special trains for carrying relatives and friends of Howrah-Kalka Mail accident victims to the site of the mishap near Malwa station in Uttar Pradesh.
A special train will run from Howrah to Fatepur and another will start from Delhi to Kanpur for carrying relatives and friends of accident victims to the site," said Chandralekha Mukherjee, Railways Executive Director (Information & Publicity) on Sunday.
The train will start at 7.30 pm from Howrah and Delhi simultaneously.
Asked about the possible reason of the accident, Mukherjee said, "It has not been ascertained yet. Commissioner Railway Safety PK Vajpayee has been asked to conduct the inquiry to find out the reason," she said.
Railway Board Chairman Vinay Mittal along with senior railway officials have reached the spot to expedite the resuce and relief operations.
Helpline services have also been launched at Delhi (23962389, 23967332), Allahabad (05322407352, 05322408128) Fathepur (05180222025, 05180222026) Kanpur (05122323015, 05122323016) and Khurja (05738253084) for giving details of the relief and rescue operations.
At least 35 people were killed and over 200 injured when 15 bogies of a speeding Delhi-bound Kalka Mail derailed near Malwa station in UP today in the worst train accident this year.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology