DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Railways to name train after Delhi braveheart
The 23-year-old paramedical student was raped and brutally assaulted by six persons in a moving bus here on December 16, 2012.
New Delhi: Railways is likely to name one of the new trains announced on Wednesday by Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal after the Delhi braveheart.
According to sources, the Railway Ministry could make a formal announcement soon that the Chhapra-Anand Vihar Express (weekly) will be named either 'Nirbhaya' or 'Beti' after the girl.
The 23-year-old paramedical student was raped and brutally assaulted by six persons in a moving bus here on December 16, 2012. She was admitted to a Singapore hospital where she succumbed on December 29.
Bansal, while replying to railway debate in Parliament on Wednesday, announced introduction of 19 more trains, including the Chhapra-Anand Vihar Express.
Sources said railways had received representations from the local leaders in Ballia for a train connecting the national capital to their town and naming it after the girl.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Reminisces 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony With an Adorable Pic
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Champions Trophy 2017: MS Dhoni, Kohli, Rahane Sweat it Out in Nets