Railways to name train after Delhi braveheart
The 23-year-old paramedical student was raped and brutally assaulted by six persons in a moving bus here on December 16, 2012.
New Delhi: Railways is likely to name one of the new trains announced on Wednesday by Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal after the Delhi braveheart.
According to sources, the Railway Ministry could make a formal announcement soon that the Chhapra-Anand Vihar Express (weekly) will be named either 'Nirbhaya' or 'Beti' after the girl.
The 23-year-old paramedical student was raped and brutally assaulted by six persons in a moving bus here on December 16, 2012. She was admitted to a Singapore hospital where she succumbed on December 29.
Bansal, while replying to railway debate in Parliament on Wednesday, announced introduction of 19 more trains, including the Chhapra-Anand Vihar Express.
Sources said railways had received representations from the local leaders in Ballia for a train connecting the national capital to their town and naming it after the girl.
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Sacks Shivpal, 3 Other Ministers From Cabinet; Says Party is One
- Akhilesh is Not Forming a New Party: Shivpal Yadav's Son
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit