Pre-match rain threatens India-Pak semi final
A dust-storm, thunder and lightning lashed Chandigarh, followed by mild rains on Tuesday.
New Delhi: A dust-storm, thunder and lightning lashed Chandigarh, followed by mild rains on Tuesday evening just a day ahead of the crucial India-Pakistan semi-final match on Wednesday.
The rain gods can dampen the spirits of tens of thousands of cricket fans and play spoilsport in the eagerly awaited World Cup semifinal at Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) Stadium on Wednesday.
The weatherman has predicted clouds to prevail in this region with a possibility of light rain.
"Partly cloudy sky will prevail over in the Mohali region on Wednesday. Thunderstorms and dust-storms along with light rain, by the evening, could also prevail in various parts of this region on tomorrow. Similar conditions are prevailing in this region for the last 24-hours," a Met official said on Wednesday.
"However, it will be comparatively warm tomorrow. The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 30 to 33 degrees Celsius whereas the minimum temperature will be around 17 to 18 degrees Celsius Wednesday," he added.
A hailstorm coupled with lightning and thunder lashed Shimla and its surrounding areas this evening disrupting normal life.
The local MeT office has predicted more rains and thunderstorm at many places during next 24 hours.
(With additional inputs from IANS)
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show