DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rains lash Meghalaya as Mahasen reaches Bangladesh
The state is not in the cyclone's path directly but heavy rain and light intensity wind is expected in all parts of the state.
Shillong: Heavy rains lashed Meghalaya early on Thursday as Cyclone Mahasen crossed into neighbouring Bangladesh's low-lying coast but officials said there was no direct threat to humans or agriculture in the state.
The rains were a result of the cyclonic storm which has just landed in Bangladesh, a senior government official said. Officials at the Regional Meteorological Centre in Guwahati said the state is not in the cyclone's path directly but heavy rain and light intensity wind is expected in all parts of the state.
Hundreds of thousands of people in Bangladesh and Myanmar were ordered to move to safety as the cyclone barrelled towards low-lying coastal areas in these two
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong