Rains lash Meghalaya as Mahasen reaches Bangladesh
The state is not in the cyclone's path directly but heavy rain and light intensity wind is expected in all parts of the state.
Shillong: Heavy rains lashed Meghalaya early on Thursday as Cyclone Mahasen crossed into neighbouring Bangladesh's low-lying coast but officials said there was no direct threat to humans or agriculture in the state.
The rains were a result of the cyclonic storm which has just landed in Bangladesh, a senior government official said. Officials at the Regional Meteorological Centre in Guwahati said the state is not in the cyclone's path directly but heavy rain and light intensity wind is expected in all parts of the state.
Hundreds of thousands of people in Bangladesh and Myanmar were ordered to move to safety as the cyclone barrelled towards low-lying coastal areas in these two
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw