Raipur: 60-year-old man arrested for raping minor
He used to distribute free snacks to poor children and take some of the girls to his house to molest them.
Raipur: A 60-year-old man was on Wednesday arrested for allegedly raping a minor girl a year ago, police said here. Rajkumar Soni, a jeweller, allegedly raped the 14-year-old victim and gave her Rs 500 to keep quiet, Raipur District Additional SP Lal Ummed Singh said.
The girl had told her mother about the incident, who did not approach the police because of fear, he said. The accused has a jewellery shop at Halwai Line here.
He used to distribute free snacks to poor children and take some of the girls to his house and molest them, he said. Following complaints against him by the locals, police started investigation, which brought to light the present case.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson