DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Raipur: MLA allegedly reveals rape survivor identity
The MLA allegedly met the survivor to provide her assistance and later revealed her name and photograph.
Raipur: Hitting out at the Bharatiya Janata Party government, the Opposition Congress on Tuesday alleged that a ruling party MLA had disclosed the identity of a rape survivor of Raipur, Chhattisgarh and demanded registration of FIR against him. "BJP MLA Nand Kumar Sahu has disclosed the identity of the minor girl who was allegedly raped one month ago in the Urla area," Shaliesh Nitin Trivedi Congress spokesperson said.
"The law as it currently stands is not in favour of revealing the identity of the rape victim and the MLA has acted in a very insensitive manner," he added. Sahu had recently met the survivor to provide her assistance and later revealed her name and photograph which was totally irresponsible, Trivedi said adding that taking the matter seriously, a case should be registered against the MLA.
Additional Superintendent of Police Lal Umed Singh said Congress party workers have given them a complaint letter against Sahu in this regard and they have begun an investigation into it. No senior BJP leader was immediately available to comment on the issue.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO