Raise your voice, speak out against sexual violence
The number 09243723939 can be dialed from any part of the country to know more about One Billion Rising.
New Delhi: One in every three women on the planet will be victims of sexual violence or gender discrimination in their lifetimes.
Amnesty India wants Indian women to raise their voices and speak out against sexual violence. The number 09243723939 can be dialed from any part of the country to know more about One Billion Rising and to leave a voice message with one's opinion on gender violence.
Amnesty India has set up a unique phone number for women across the country to call and express their experiences, their thoughts, even their anger and their search for justice as women in a world that does not always treat them fairly.
The number is also an opportunity for men to stand up in solidarity to women and take a vow to do their bit to end violence against women.
Amnesty India will add all supporter voices received on this number to the national and global movement.
What is One Billion Rising?
One Billion Rising is a global movement to celebrate the spirit of millions of brave and fearless women.
On 14th February, ONE BILLION PEOPLE from 197 countries are going to RISE in protest and say "Enough! No more violence against women and girls". They will pledge that
- They will strive towards creating communities of equality, justice and freedom.
- They will not engage in, and will actively oppose violence and discrimination against women and girls;
- They will speak up and resist if they face violence
Across India, women organisations, elected representatives, leading social movements, actors, artists, NGOs, academic institutions and individuals will get together at the day-long on Feb 14 to raise awareness on the issue of violence against women and children.
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi Makes his Appearance in Assam Court