Raj Thackeray gets bail in a case filed in Jharkhand
Arrest linked to a non-bailable warrant against him from a Jameshedpur court.
Mumbai: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray was arrested by the Mumbai Police on Saturday in connection with a case filed in a Jamshedpur court. However, he was granted bail on a personal surety of Rs. 50,000.
Raj's arrest is linked to a non-bailable warrant against him from a Jameshedpur court, which has been received at Shivaji Park police station.
The warrant was issued on September 30 by a court in Jamshedpur for allegedly denigrating the Bihari festival of Chhath Puja.
The MNS said that Raj applied for a transit bail so that he can go to Jamshedpur himself on November 17 and not travel in police custody from Mumbai to Jamshedpur.
Meanwhile, Patna Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate Shailendra Kumar on Friday ordered an investigation into the killing of Bihari youth Rahul Raj by the Mumbai police last month.
The order was passed on the basis of a complaint petition filed by a lawyer Kailash Nath Diwakar.
Diwakar alleged that Mumbai police officials lured Rahul Raj to Mumbai on the pretext of providing him with a job. The young man accompanied an inspector and sub inspector of Bel Bazar police chowki to Mumbai where he was killed.
Cases have also been filed against Raj Thackeray in Bihar and Jharkhand for the death of a Bihari youth during the recent violence against North Indian students in Maharashtra.
Charges will also be filed against the two police officials for the encounter killing of Rahul, who allegedly hijacked a BEST bus.
The MNS chief has been in the news for the past few months for his anti-North Indian rhetoric. His party activists have been targeting people from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar across Maharashtra.
Raj Thackeray's lawyer Rajendra Shirodkar says, "Court released him on transit bail, offense was bailable and accuse was willing to give bail, and the court has to give him bail.
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18