Raja named India's acting Chef de Mission
Raja was named India's acting Chef de Mission since Ajitpal Singh could not come to London due to severe spondylitis
London: Brig P K Muralidharan Raja was on Thursday named as the acting Chef de Mission of the Indian contingent for the London Olympic Games because of indisposition of incumbent Ajitpal Singh.
Raja, who was the Deputy Chef de Mission, was asked to function as the acting Chef de Mission since Singh could not come to London because of severe spondylitis.
"Raja has been asked to act as acting Chef de Mission because of Ajitpal Singh's illness," IOA acting President Vijay Kumar Malhotra said.
London Olympics will start on Friday with the opening ceremony while the events will start on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films