Rajasthan: Accused of rape, MLA's husband roaming free
Khan has been accused of abducting and taking the victim to Haryana and then raping her.
Jaipur: The husband of Congress MLA Jahida Khan, who was accused of raping a woman two years ago in Bharatpur, has been declared absconder by a court in Rajasthan. The victim has been fighting for justice for over two years. Now, she claims that the accused Jaleesh Khan is threatening her and her family and has also offered Rs 50 lakh to change her statement. Following the threats the victim has appealed to the district magistrate to provide her security.
Accused Jaleesh Khan is the head of Kama panchayat and his wife Jahida is a MLA from same place. Khan has been accused of abducting and taking the victim to Haryana and then raping her.
According to the victim the police did not register her complaint as the accused is a powerful person. Then the victim moved the court which directed the police to register the case and investigate it. Even though the police registered the case after the court's intervention, but till now the accused has not been arrested.
The court has declared the accused as absconder. But the accused is allegedly roaming free and threatening the victim. The victim and her family have sent a written complaint to the District Magistrate and IG Bharatpur asking for security.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology