DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rajasthan villages flood, natives awe-struck
For people in the desert, the area has almost become a tourist spot.
Pichia village (Jodhpur): It's a sea of water everywhere in this desert. As many as 50 villages in the sprawling Jodhpur district are affected after the Jaswant Sagar dam breached following heavy rains and fresh cracks are developing as water sweeps away more earth here.
Though no casualties have been reported yet, the government still has a lot to worry about.
At the site of the breach itself one expects heavy security and no villagers, but at the dam a surprise is in store.
So high is the curiosity level to see so much water around them, that the site of the breach has become a mini tourist spot.
Women, children and even men from villages near site of the breach are thronging the dam to get a glimpse of what they call a talab (lake).
The irony is that the very villagers whose houses are in danger are now betting whether or not the whole wall of this 118-year-old dam would collapse.
(With inputs from Jemima Rohekar)
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs