Rajasthan: Man kills wife, hangs self
Police said Sunil Bunkar allegedly committed suicide after killing his wife in Amber area in Jaipur.
Jaipur: A 25-year-old man allegedly committed suicide after killing his wife in Amber area in Jaipur. The body of Sunil Bunkar was found hanging in his rented house on Thursday, police said, adding that his 22-year-old wife Sita was lying in a pool of blood.
"Prima facie, evidence suggests that Bunkar slit his wife's throat with some sharp-edged weapon and hanged himself from a ceiling fan. The matter came to light today," Station House Officer of Amber police station, Gauri Shankar said.
"They got married in 2009 and had no child. Bunkar was an artisan hailing from Shahpura town and both were living here for some time," he said.
Reasons, due to which Bunkar took such an extreme step, are not clear yet and the matter is being investigated, he said.
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Why This Surgical Strike Across LoC Changes Indo-Pak Nuclear Red Lines
- 10 Steps India Took Post Uri Terror Attack to Expose and Isolate Pakistan
- India's Claim of Surgical Strikes 'Fabrication of Truth': Pakistan
- Don't Take Our Peaceful Intent for Weakness: Nawaz Sharif