Rajasthan: Man poisons wife to death over dowry demands
Sunita's husband allegedly used to demand dowry from the woman and subject her to harassment over the same.
Jaipur: A woman was allegedly poisoned to death by her husband and in-laws in the Mahaveer Nagar area in Jaipur over demands for dowry, police said on Saturday. Sunita Ajmer died on Friday at the Sawai Man Singh hospital following which her father registered an FIR at the Bajaj Nagar police station, they said.
Her father has alleged that she was given poison by her husband Rakesh, mother-in-law Lalita, father-in-law Kailash, brother-in-law Rajiv and others, they said. The accused allegedly used to demand dowry from the woman and subject her to harassment over the same, they said. The victim was admitted to a private hospital on Wednesday before being referred to SMS hospital and poison was the cause of her death, they said.
Sunita's husband used to threaten her that he would divorce her if she did not get dowry, they said. Police said they were yet to make any arrests in the case.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory