Rajasthan: Man sets woman on fire for resisting rape
The woman was sleeping along with her four-year daughter, when the accused, identified as Jitendra Kumar, sneaked into her house and tried to rape her.
Jaipur: A 30-year old married woman was burnt alive for resisting rape in Rajasthan's Hanumgarh district on Saturday, police said. According to police, the incident took place on early Saturday at the district's Nohar area, some 500 km from Jaipur.
Circle Officer Kishori Lal said that the woman was sleeping along with her four-year daughter, while her husband was working in the farm when the accused, identified as Jitendra Kumar alias Jitu, sneaked into her house and tried to rape her.
"When she resisted and started screaming loudly, he poured kerosene on her body and set her on fire," said the officer. The husband rushed to the house from the farm hearing the screams and tried to save her, but himself sustained burns in his bid, the officer said.
"The woman succumbed to injuries at a hospital around 11 am today (Saturday). We had recorded her dying statement. We have rounded up Jitendra and he is being interrogated," said the officer.
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- Police Release Sketch of Suspects Based on School Children's Description
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18