Rajasthan police team heads to Kerala for Bitti's custody
Bitti, rape convict and son of former Odisha DGP BB Mohanty, was arrested in Kerala on Saturday after being on the run for 7 years.
Jaipur: Armed with an arrest warrant, a state police team is heading to Kerala to take custody of Bitti Mohanty, the convict in rape of a German national in Rajasthan who was arrested nearly seven years after jumping bail.
The three-member team is headed by Lalkothi SHO Sampat Singh, officials said.
Bitti, son of former Odisha DGP BB Mohanty, was working as a probationary officer in a public sector bank in Kerala by impersonating as a person from Andhra Pradesh.
After jumping bail in 2006 , Bitti obtained an MBA degree and managed to get into the bank. He was picked up by Kerala police last night from Pazhayangadi near Kannur district.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology