Rajasthan Royals got me cheap: Shane Warne
IPL player says he is eagerly waiting to defend victory title.
London: Australian spin wizard Shane Warne justifies the moolahs the cash-rich Indian Premier League (IPL) showers on its players and in fact feels that he deserved to be paid more since his team won the tournament.
"I reckon I deserve a lot more now that we won it. The franchise has tripled, maybe quadrupled in price. They've got me cheap!"
Warne still savours the last ball victory that crowned Rajasthan Royals the winners of the inaugural IPL in June and says he is eagerly waiting to defend the title in the second edition, beginning in April.
"The first year (IPL) was amazing. I'm really looking forward to going back and defending it. No one can ever take that title away from us. What an achievement. It was a fairytale. Especially for all the younger players," Warne said in an interview to Observer.
Asked how he dealt with the food problem in India, Warne said: "The wonderful people of Jaipur now make an amazing margherita pizza. I've spoken to the chefs and they've got it down pat. So I'm a lucky man. It's making me hungry thinking about it."
"But the most ambitious food I ate was when I had a bit of the old hot salami on the pizza maybe once. It was interesting but I'm not sure I'd do it again in a hurry," he said.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lenovo Z2 Plus With Snapdragon 820 Processor Launched At Rs 17,999
- Lenovo Z2 Plus Smartphone to Launch on September 22
- Glad Tutak Tutak Tutiya Being Compared With Bhool Bhulaiyaa: Prabhu Deva
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson