Rajasthan sends cops to get Mohanty
Rajasthan govt has decided to send a police team to Orissa to bring DGP BB Mohanty to Jaipur for interrogation.
New Delhi: A day after the Rajasthan police received a slap from a Jaipur court, the state government on Friday decided to send a police team to Cuttack to bring Orissa DGP BB Mohanty to Jaipur for interrogation. BB Mohanty is accused of helping his son Biti to jump parole.
On Thursday, the Jaipur court had rejected the Rajasthan police's excuse of not having a court warrant to arrest the senior Mohanty, saying that the cops don't really need a court warrant to proceed against him.
The court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajendra Bansal also rejected Rajasthan Police's plea to issue a non-bailable warrant against the DGP of Orissa Home Guard. The court said the Rajasthan Police was free to arrest Mohanty.
Rajasthan Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria said the government has already decided to send a police team to Orissa to arrest the senior Mohanty and the team will be led by a Circle Officer.
Orissa DGP Amranand Patnaik, however, told PTI that he had already discussed the issue with his Rajasthan counterpart MS Gill.
Asked why the Orissa cops were not cooperating with their Rajasthan counterparts in the case, Patnaik said his force would extend all possible help within the law to interrogate Mohanty.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18