DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rajasthan sends cops to get Mohanty
Rajasthan govt has decided to send a police team to Orissa to bring DGP BB Mohanty to Jaipur for interrogation.
New Delhi: A day after the Rajasthan police received a slap from a Jaipur court, the state government on Friday decided to send a police team to Cuttack to bring Orissa DGP BB Mohanty to Jaipur for interrogation. BB Mohanty is accused of helping his son Biti to jump parole.
On Thursday, the Jaipur court had rejected the Rajasthan police's excuse of not having a court warrant to arrest the senior Mohanty, saying that the cops don't really need a court warrant to proceed against him.
The court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajendra Bansal also rejected Rajasthan Police's plea to issue a non-bailable warrant against the DGP of Orissa Home Guard. The court said the Rajasthan Police was free to arrest Mohanty.
Rajasthan Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria said the government has already decided to send a police team to Orissa to arrest the senior Mohanty and the team will be led by a Circle Officer.
Orissa DGP Amranand Patnaik, however, told PTI that he had already discussed the issue with his Rajasthan counterpart MS Gill.
Asked why the Orissa cops were not cooperating with their Rajasthan counterparts in the case, Patnaik said his force would extend all possible help within the law to interrogate Mohanty.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar