Rajasthan: Sukhoi aircraft crashes in Jaisalmer, pilots safe
The aircraft was to participate in IAF's day-night exercise 'Iron Fist' on February 22, Defence spokesman SD Goswami told PTI.
Jaipur: A Sukhoi 30 aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed in Rajasthan's Jaisalmer district on Tuesday evening but both the pilots bailed out safely.
There was no loss of life or damage to property on the ground, Defence spokesman SD Goswami told PTI. The aircraft was to participate in IAF's day-night exercise 'Iron Fist' on February 22, he said. Both the pilots bailed out safely, Goswami said.
Superintendent of Police, Jaisalmer, Mamta Bishnoi said the crash took place in Chandan firing range. It is the second crash involving IAF aircraft since January this year and the fifth since April last.
A MiG 27 warplane had crashed last week in the western sector but its pilot had ejected safely. Since their induction into IAF in the late 1990s, this is the fourth crash involving an SU-30 fighter plane.
So far, the Air Force has inducted Russian-origin 160 SU-30 planes. Another 112 such aircraft are to be inducted into IAF in phases.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be