Rajasthan: Woman forced to strip to save husband
The husband said that the incident occurred after her relatives threatened to kill him over an old dispute.
Jaipur: A woman was allegedly forced to strip by her relatives who had threatened to kill her husband in Banswara district of Rajasthan.
"The alleged incident occurred on March 13 at Nathpura village, under Kuhsalgarh police station circle, where the woman along with her husband had gone to her maternal home to attend a function", Banswara SP Amandeep Singh said on Wednesday.
The husband, Prem Singh, alleged in his complaint that at the function, Kunji Hariya and Ekan, his wife Kali's relatives threatened to kill him as they had an old dispute with him, police said.
"Seeing her husband in trouble, Kali requested them not to harm him but let them go. The two relatives then put a condition that she strip before them before they were let off", he said referring to the FIR.
"Kali, as per the claim of her husband, did this to save him", SP said.
On court's directives a case was registered against the relatives under sections 323, 341, 504, 506 of IPC, on Tuesday evening.
"We are investigating the matter to ascertain whether the claim has any basis and then appropriate action will be taken if anyone is found guilty", the SP added.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone Turn The Heat Up At Pre-Oscar 2017 Party
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory