Rajat Kapoor: It is a difficult task to make a film
Rajat Kapoor believes it takes a lot of conviction and convincing power to become a successful director.
Mumbai: Rajat Kapoor believes it takes a lot of conviction and convincing power to become a successful director. "It is a difficult task to make a film. It is certainly not an easy job because you have to not only believe in yourself, but convince a hundred other people to believe in you. First get a producer, then cameraman, production designer, star cast... you have to convince everyone and get them to your world," Rajat told IANS.
He is known for helming small budget entertainers like 'Mithya', 'Mixed Doubles' and 'Fatso!'. But he says while filmmaking is about joint efforts of a lot of people, a director has to string them all together.
"You make a film in collaboration (with lots of people). Unless they don't believe in your vision, you can't make a film. That is one of the reasons why a director's job is difficult. Many of them don't make a film, maybe because they don't believe in themselves," said Rajat.
He will next be seen in Sharat Katariya's unusually titled '10 ml Love', and says as an actor, he completely gave himself into the demands of his director.
Katariya started out as an assistant director to Rajat during the making of 'Raghu Romeo'.
"When I act, I don't think about anything else. As an actor, I submit myself to the director because at that point, I am not making a film. I am just a part of it. The problem arises when an actor thinks that he is bigger than the film," said Rajat, who is overwhelmed how his protege Katariya has directing him for the big screen in '10 ml Love'.
'10 ml Love', which also features Tisca Chopra, is slated to release Dec 7.
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead