Rajinikanth encourages Shiva for 'Thillu Mullu'
Director feels Shiva would fit the role for 'Thilu Mullu' but not for Rajini's films like 'Enthiran', 'Padayappa'.
Though 'Thillu Mullu' is a light-hearted film, director Badri, who is remaking the cult hit, is not ready to take things light.
Apparently to prove this, he and the new version's hero Shiva, recently called on K Balachander, the director of the original version; Superstar Rajinikanth, the lead actor; and Kamal Haasan, who did a guest role.
On their meeting with Rajini, Badri says, "The Superstar told Shiva that he feared a lot when Balachander wanted to do 'Thillu Mullu' with him. 'Because I was doing only action roles before that. But Balachander sir completely changed my body language for 'Thillu Mullu' and he ensured that the film will become a hit. But you need not to worry since you have already established yourself in humor roles. I am sure you are going to rock', said Rajini."
Badri adds: "When we met Kamal, he revealed that actually he wanted to produce and play the lead role in 'Thillu Mullu', but changed his mind later."Only because of that I did a cameo in Thillu Mullu", Kamal said."
The director further says that Balachander liked the casting of the movie- Shiva, Isha Talwar, Prakash Raj and Oorvasi.
He also says Shiva would fit the role. "Rajini's films like 'Enthiran', 'Baadshah' and 'Padayappa' should not be remade with Shiva in the lead. But 'Thillu Mullu' can be remade."
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry
- Cyrus Mistry Removed as Chairman, Ratan Tata Takes Interim Charge