Rajinikanth may shoot for 'Rana' in October
The 60-year-old star was first hospitalised on April 29, the day he was to start work on 'Rana'.
Mumbai: Tamil superstar Rajinikanth, who has been sidelined by illness since April, is likely to resume work on 'Rana' in October, the film's director said.
The 60-year-old star, who was first hospitalised on April 29, the day he was to start work on 'Rana', has been in and out of hospital since he was diagnosed with allergic bronchitis in May.
"I had met Mr Rajinikanth and he is recovering well. He might join the shoot from October 2011," KS Ravikumar told Reuters via email.
Rajinikanth, whose last film 'Robot' was one of India's highest grossing films, was recuperating in Singapore and returned to India only this month.
The actor, a former bus conductor, is considered somewhat of a demi-god in Tamil Nadu, where there are temples dedicated to him.
Ravikumar said the release of 'Rana', which also stars Deepika Padukone, had been postponed, but did not give a date. He also said there had been no script changes and shooting would go on as originally planned.
'Rana', produced by Eros International, is a 3D multilingual film.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?