DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rajinikanth may shoot for 'Rana' in October
The 60-year-old star was first hospitalised on April 29, the day he was to start work on 'Rana'.
Mumbai: Tamil superstar Rajinikanth, who has been sidelined by illness since April, is likely to resume work on 'Rana' in October, the film's director said.
The 60-year-old star, who was first hospitalised on April 29, the day he was to start work on 'Rana', has been in and out of hospital since he was diagnosed with allergic bronchitis in May.
"I had met Mr Rajinikanth and he is recovering well. He might join the shoot from October 2011," KS Ravikumar told Reuters via email.
Rajinikanth, whose last film 'Robot' was one of India's highest grossing films, was recuperating in Singapore and returned to India only this month.
The actor, a former bus conductor, is considered somewhat of a demi-god in Tamil Nadu, where there are temples dedicated to him.
Ravikumar said the release of 'Rana', which also stars Deepika Padukone, had been postponed, but did not give a date. He also said there had been no script changes and shooting would go on as originally planned.
'Rana', produced by Eros International, is a 3D multilingual film.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017