DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rajinikanth: Sanjay Dutt is a lovely person, I'm very disturbed
Superstar Rajinikanth said he is "disturbed" and will pray to god on Dutt's behalf.
Chennai: Reacting to the Supreme Court verdict on actor Sanjay Dutt in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, superstar Rajinikanth Friday said he is "disturbed" and will pray to god on his behalf.
"I was very disturbed when I heard about my friend and a lovely person Sanjay Dutt's verdict. The current support and appeal for his pardon is giving me hope. I pray to god that he gets remedy," Rajinikanth said in a statement.
Sanjay and Rajinikanth recently met when the former was in the city for the shooting of his upcoming film 'Policegiri'.
On Thursday, the Supreme Court upheld Sanjay's conviction under the Arms Act for illegally possessing weapons, and sent him to five years' imprisonment.
The 53-year-old has already spent 18 months in jail. He was convicted by the TADA court for illegal possession of a 9 mm pistol and an AK-56 rifle.
Following the verdict, several members of the film fraternity expressed their sadness over the news. Justice Katju Thursday appealed to Maharashtra Governor K Sankarnarayanan to pardon the actor.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: Kohli Mobbed By Fans After India Beat Kiwis
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- No Win for Alonso in Indy 500, Returns to F1