Rajinikanth to inaugurate International Film Festival of India?
Vishnu Wagh, vice chairperson of the Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG), says Rajinikanth could attend it.
Panaji: Superstar Rajinikanth has been invited to be the chief guest for the inaugural function of International Film Festival of India (IFFI) to be held here in November, an organiser said Monday.
Vishnu Wagh, vice chairperson of the Entertainment Society of Goa (ESG), a state agency which coordinates the logistics of the film festival, said that the superstar could be one of the star attractions at this year's IFFI.
"We have sent him an invite and are awaiting confirmation. It would be an honour to have him here," Wagh told IANS.
The 62-year-old star is a legend in Indian cinema for his larger than life roles. Recently, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan dedicated a song from 'Chennai Express' to him.
One of Rajinikanth's recent films 'Enthiran' co-starring Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, was also shot in Goa.
Wagh said that the ESG would be willing to wait until October-end for Rajinikanth to confirm his attendance at the inaugural, scheduled for Nov 20.
The event, which is being held regularly in Goa since 2004, saw actor Akshay Kumar as the chief guest last year.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"