After two days, Rajouri gunbattle is finally over
Reports said in the encounter one jawan, three millitants have been killed and a major critically injured.
Jammu: After nearly two days it started, the encounter in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district is finally over. An Indian Army jawan and three militants were killed and a major critically injured in the gunbattle in Rajouri, police said.
In the gunfight in Thana Mandi area of the district, 180 km north of Jammu, a civilian and a policeman were also injured, the police said.
The encounter had started at 2 pm on Saturday.
An army team led by Major SK Mahapatra traced a group of militants in the forested area and in the ensuing gunfight between the two sides, Mahapatra was injured and a jawan killed.
The three militants were finally killed in the encounter. The police suspect that the militants belong to Lashkar-e-Taiba.
The gunfight was taking place close to the area where terrorists had fired at a convoy of the army and a civilian bus on last Wednesday. Two passengers were killed and 17 others injured in that incident.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India