After two days, Rajouri gunbattle is finally over
Reports said in the encounter one jawan, three millitants have been killed and a major critically injured.
Jammu: After nearly two days it started, the encounter in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district is finally over. An Indian Army jawan and three militants were killed and a major critically injured in the gunbattle in Rajouri, police said.
In the gunfight in Thana Mandi area of the district, 180 km north of Jammu, a civilian and a policeman were also injured, the police said.
The encounter had started at 2 pm on Saturday.
An army team led by Major SK Mahapatra traced a group of militants in the forested area and in the ensuing gunfight between the two sides, Mahapatra was injured and a jawan killed.
The three militants were finally killed in the encounter. The police suspect that the militants belong to Lashkar-e-Taiba.
The gunfight was taking place close to the area where terrorists had fired at a convoy of the army and a civilian bus on last Wednesday. Two passengers were killed and 17 others injured in that incident.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead