Union Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma welcome CJI Khehar’s offer to mediate in the Ayodhya case for an out of court settlement and said that it was in national interest.
“We have always stood for Ram Mandir through Constitutional means and court suggestion is welcome.” he said.
Stay tuned for Live updates:
Court suggestion is in national interest. The state of Uttar Pradesh has a good administrator, our government is in state as well as the center so the problems we faced earlier will not be there. We have got Rs 154 crore funds under Ram Circuit and the work will speed up. We have always stood for Ram Mandir through Constitutional means and court suggestion is welcome: Mahesh Sharma, Union Culture Minister (Info: Eram Agha)
The court has given us a direction. It will lead to solution. All parties involved want to come out of it as there are other issue to worry about like employment agriculture etc. The parties involved can have a middleman to broker peace. If nothing happens then court is going to take it: Jagdambika Pal, BJP (Info: Eram Agha)
Advocate Harishankar Jain of Hindu Mahasabha, a petitioner in the Ram Janamabhoomi Babri Masjid case:
- No out of court settlement acceptable. Before approaching us, Subramaniyam swami should make sure that other side is ready to give its claim.
- We can't play with sentiment of Hindu community, no compromise possible on this issue. We will not give even an inch of land, like action committee, we too are not ready to relent.
- SC should go ahead with speedy trial in the case
Brinda Karat on CJI’s Offer
- I don't know whether SC has suggested there should be an out of court settlement. Point is the case is before SC precisely because there was no possibility of an out of court settlement.
- SC does not want to decide? Why should we interpret what this, I am sure that SC, CJI know that there is no out of court settlement possible.
- Especially now, when the Hindutva forces are blatantly saying that this is their agenda. With no thought to history and tradition of that area and pushing their Hindutva agenda.
Click to Read: VHP to Start New Ayodhya Temple Movement 'Ram Mahotsav'
The VHP has said it will launch a movement called 'Ram Mahotsav' from March 26 to April 16.
- Question of whether Ram was born there or not was settled by the 3 judge bench of Allahabad court. Now it is a question of who owns the land
- When SC is asking for an out of court settlement, there will be a way. There was a way out for Somnath temple.
- Can't say when it will be completed, but building can start anytime
Click To Read: Ayodhya Dispute: Parties Reject CJI's Offer to Mediate
In a judicial first of the country, Chief Justice of India J S Khehar has offered to mediate out of court and settle the Ram Janmabhoomi - Babri Masjid dispute which has been dragging on for almost 24 years.
Babri Masjid Action committee convener Jafaryab Jilani, who is also the advocate in the case to CNN News18:
"Attempts for out of court settlement have failed so far. We don't see any possibility of such a move. But if CJI is willing to monitor, then we are ok to it because it will come with some legal sanctity. It will not be like an agreement between 2 parties which is void of any legal status. We will convey our opinion to court. We also demand a day to day hearing of the case. Don't feel Supreme Court is under any political influence"
VHP to start Ram Mandir movement again
“We will celebrate ‘Ram Mahotsav’ in 2 lakh villages across India and around 70,000 villages in UP. People will be told about the life of Lord Ram and we will also raise the demand for Ram Temple in Ayodhya. The temple must only be built on the exact spot where Ram was born. UP CM should not compromise on that,” said Ishwari Prasad, VHP Zonal President for Western UP and Uttarakhand.
The VHP has said it will launch a movement called ‘Ram Mahotsav’ from March 26 to April 16.
Click To Read: If Ordinance Can Save Jallikattu, Then Why Not Ram Temple, Asks VHP
With the BJP sweeping the Uttar Pradesh Assembly election, the focus is now on one of its important poll promises - building the Ram temple in Ayodhya.
I hope Supreme Court decides the Contempt petition which is pending since demolition of Babri Masjid 1992— Asaduddin Owaisi (@asadowaisi) March 21, 2017
Please remember Babri Masjid case is about Title which Allahabad court wrongly decided as a Partnership case hence the Appeal in Apex court— Asaduddin Owaisi (@asadowaisi) March 21, 2017
Click To Read: Will CM Yogi Adityanath Act on Ayodhya Ram Mandir? Here are Options
Over the past few years, and especially during the run-up to the Uttar Pradesh elections, Yogi Adityanath has been sloganeering for a Ram Mandir at Ayodhya.
Rakesh Sinha, RSS Thinker on CJI’s offer:
- The issue should be resolved by constructive dialogue
- CJI observation could be a basis of further dialogue
- I see this is a good development in SC
- This is only a coincidence that after Yogi govt has been formed, court does not take political decisions
Dr SQR Ilyas, Joint Convenor the Babri Masjid Committee to CNN-News18:
- Prior to this several talks have been conducted but no results
- Dialogue between VHP and Babri Masjid Committee did not reach any conclusion
- The matter of arbitration and negotiation has already been completed
- Issue has to be settled on the basis of legal position not sentiments
- We don't agree to that CJI can act as a mediator in this case
- We don't agree to that CJI can act as a mediator in this case
- Allahabad HC has already given a judgment. Muslim Personal Law Board feels time of negotiation is over
Subramanian Swamy to CNN-News18:
- SC has sought suggestions whether Hindus and Muslims can come together and mediate. I am hopeful the court will direct some judge. I am sure some resolution would come by discussion.
- I had informally met Muslim leaders who wanted judicial sanction. We need to settle this matter by mutual agreement.
- The CJI's approach is conciliatory and it is his decision to do this.
Chief Justice of India JS Kehar’s move to help resolve the Ayodhya case outside the court was not a judicial order. Here is what transpired in the court:
- The matter was mentioned by Subramanian Swamy in the CJI’s court on Tuesday morning.
- He said the case was pending in SC for the last six years, that it need to be resolved through day to day hearing.
- To this suggestion, the CJI said the issue should be resolved outside the court. These are issues, which pertain to sentiments of people, he observed, adding that he is willing to volunteer if both parties are willing to come to the table.
- But Swamy wanted a judicial order
- The CJI ruled out a judicial order, said it was an informal matter. He said you can take any person who can mediate
23 Oct, 2017 | Pakistan and Sri Lanka in UAE SL vs PAK 103/1026.2 overs 105/120.2 oversPakistan beat Sri Lanka by 9 wickets
22 Oct, 2017 | Bangladesh in South Africa SA vs BAN 369/650.0 overs 169/1040.4 oversSouth Africa beat Bangladesh by 200 runs
22 Oct, 2017 | New Zealand in India IND vs NZ 280/850.0 overs 284/449.0 oversNew Zealand beat India by 6 wickets
20 Oct, 2017 | Pakistan and Sri Lanka in UAE SL vs PAK 173/1043.4 overs 177/339.0 oversPakistan beat Sri Lanka by 7 wickets
18 Oct, 2017 | Pakistan and Sri Lanka in UAE SL vs PAK 208/1048.2 overs 209/342.3 oversPakistan beat Sri Lanka by 7 wickets