DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi gangrape: Initial report says Ram Singh died due to hanging
Ram Singh's post-mortem was conducted at AIIMS on Tuesday, a day after he was found hanging inside his cell in the Tihar Jail.
New Delhi: The preliminary post-mortem report of the main accused in the Delhi gangrape case, Ram Singh, has suggested that he died due to hanging, according to sources. His post-mortem was conducted at AIIMS on Tuesday, a day after he was found hanging inside his cell in the Tihar Jail.
Ram Singh's father has, however, alleged that there were injury marks on his body and he suspects Ram Singh was murdered. The Tihar Jail authorities have claimed that Ram Singh committed suicide.
Ram Singh was found hanging in his cell and he had used a piece of cloth that he had reportedly torn off from a rug to hang himself. However, after it was learnt that Ram Singh shared his cell with two other inmates, questions were raised on whether it was a case of suicide or murder.
Ram Singh's family and lawyers alleged foul play. "He was happy with the way the trial was being conducted. He had no need to commit suicide," said lawyer VK Anand.
The Tihar jail has ordered a probe. His death comes as a huge embarrassment for the jail. Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, to whom the Tihar DG reports, has passed the buck for Ram Singh's death to the Centre. However, the Home Ministry has replied by indicating that jails are a state subject.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- England vs South Africa Live Score: De Kock, Amla Come Out in Pursuit of Mammoth Target
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish