'Ramaiya Vastavaiya' beats 'D-Day' at the Box-Office
'Ramaiya Vastavaiya' has collected Rs 15.30 crore while 'D-Day' has earned Rs 13.69 crore at the box office.
New Delhi: Despite having an almost new star cast in his latest romantic comedy, Prabhudeva's 'Ramiaya Vastavaiya' managed to beat multi-starrer 'D-Day' at the box office. With three days of the release of both the films, 'Ramaiya Vastavaiya' has collected Rs 15.30 crore while 'D-Day' has earned Rs 13.69 crore at the box office.
Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, "#RamaiyaVastavaiya collected approx Rs 15.30 cr nett in its opening weekend. Breakup:- Fri 4.10 cr, Sat 4.70 cr, Sun *est* 6.50 cr."
However, there was more buzz about Nikhil Advani's 'D-Day' as the film boasts of a star cast like Rishi Kapoor, Arjun Rampal, Irrfan and Huma Qureshi. But it seems it did not materialize at the box office collections.
"#DDay collected approx Rs 13.69 cr nett in its opening weekend. Breakup:- Fri 2.94 cr, Sat 4.75 cr, Sun *est* 6 cr," added Adarsh.
The film had managed to collect only Rs 2. 50 crore while 'Ramaiya Vastavaiya' earned Rs 3.50 crore on the opening day. But later, the business picked up for both the films.
"After a slow start, #DDay has picked up across multiplexes in evening/night shows. Word of mouth is super-strong!" added Adarsh.
'Ramiya Vastavaiya' stars Girish Kumar, who has made his Bollywood debut with Prabhudeva's film, and Shruti Haasan.
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates