DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Delhi University panel bans Ramanujan's essay
An online petition against the ban has also been floated against the essay titled 'Three Hundred Ramayanas'.
New Delhi: Delhi University, under pressure from right-wing groups, on Friday finalised the ban on AK Ramanujan's famous essay titled 'Three Hundred Ramayanas'. An online petition against the ban has been floated and protests are planned next week.
Delhi University's Academic Council met on Tuesday and came on the conclusion to drop the essay from the undergraduate course in Delhi University.
The ban on the essay has become a source of embarrassment for the teaching fraternity in the university since it was perceived that the Academic Council, the highest decision making body of Delhi University, gave into pressure from Right-wing groups which demanded the withdrawal on the grounds of hurt religious sentiments.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment