Delhi University panel bans Ramanujan's essay
An online petition against the ban has also been floated against the essay titled 'Three Hundred Ramayanas'.
New Delhi: Delhi University, under pressure from right-wing groups, on Friday finalised the ban on AK Ramanujan's famous essay titled 'Three Hundred Ramayanas'. An online petition against the ban has been floated and protests are planned next week.
Delhi University's Academic Council met on Tuesday and came on the conclusion to drop the essay from the undergraduate course in Delhi University.
The ban on the essay has become a source of embarrassment for the teaching fraternity in the university since it was perceived that the Academic Council, the highest decision making body of Delhi University, gave into pressure from Right-wing groups which demanded the withdrawal on the grounds of hurt religious sentiments.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology