Ramayana Museum a 'Lollipop', We Want Ram Mandir: Vinay Katiyar
A file picture of BJP leader Vinay Katiyar.
New Delhi: BJP leader Vinay Katiyar on Tuesday likened the Ramayana Museum project of the centre in Ayodhya to a 'lollipop' and said we want nothing but Ram Mandir in the city.
"Ram Mandir ke liye prayaas hona chahiye, yeh lollipop se kuch nahi hone wala (Efforts should be made to build a Ram Temple , other projects will not do), said the BJP leader.
Katiyar complained as to how he is often asked about when the temple will come up.
"Whenever I go to Ayodhya, the sadhus ask me when will the temple be built?" said Katiyar.
Katiyar went on to demand tabling of a legislation in the Lok Sabha about building the Ram temple, where the BJP enjoys a majority.
"Why only Subramanian Swamy, every devotee of Ram wants the temple to be constructed soon. Until that happens we cannot live in peace. Be it through a bill in Parliament, through dialogue or a court verdict, the government has to find a solution," said Katiyar.
Meanwhile, Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma on Tuesday visited Ayodhya to inspect the Ramayana museum site and said his visit was to improve tourism and ensure better opportunities for women in the region.
"My visit to Ayodhya has nothing to do with UP Assembly elections. I am visiting there as a Tourism Minister. It should not be linked to politics but is part of government's effort to improve tourism in Ayodhya and all over the country. The visit is part of developmental agenda," said Sharma.
Recommended For You
- CLOSE SHAVEUmpire Paul Reiffel Retires Hurt After Being Hit by Bhuvneshwar Kumar's Throw
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly