Ramdev accuses Shinde of 'insulting' nationalist organisations
The Home Minister, on January 20, had stoked a controversy by accusing BJP and RSS of conducting terror training camps and promoting "Hindu terrorism".
New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Tuesday accused Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde of insulting nationalist organisations by saying they run terror camps. "By saying 'saffron terrorism' or 'Hindu terrorism', the Home Minister (Shinde) is doing unethical work. The terrorists are being portrayed as patriots and the nationalist organisations are being branded as terrorists," the Yoga Guru said after coming out from a court in New Delhi.
He had come to depose as a witness in a criminal case lodged last year against one Kamran Siddiqui for throwing black ink on his face during a press conference in New Delhi. The Home Minister, on January 20, had stoked a controversy by accusing BJP and RSS of conducting terror training camps and promoting "Hindu terrorism".
Asked about Shinde's statement, the Yoga Guru said, "Saffron is there even in our flag...such remark is an insult to the flag, over 100 crore Indians and our culture." He also accused Congress Party of demolishing Indian culture, saying that such an statement should not have come from a minister.
"Congress party is trying to demolish the culture. Why should people vote for Congress. They are seeing all the terror activity in Hindu groups. Such statements should not have come from a minister of the ruling party," he said.
The agencies like CBI, Election Commission, Comptroller and Auditor General and the Central Vigilance Commission should work independently and without any bias, he said. "If these agencies will work independently, then many more persons from the ruling party (Congress) will be in jail," he said, adding, "big crocodiles and big criminals are being saved."
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Intelligent, Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity, says Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- SP Meet Turns Into Open War of Words
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Live: Akhilesh Yadav to Reinstate Shivpal, 3 Ministers; Ram Gopal Yadav Attacks Mulayam