Fake passport: Court to frame charges against Ramdev aide Balkrishna
He allegedly travelled to over 25 countries on a fake passport including countries which are known tax havens.
Dehradun: A Special CBI court will frame charges against yoga guru Ramdev close aide Balkrishna in the fake passport case on Tuesday. He has been charged with forgery and violation of the Indian Passport Act. CBI claims Balkrishna obtained the passport on the basis of a fake date of birth certificate. He is presently out on bail.
According to the Enforcement Directorate's initial investigations, Balkrishna was involved in a Jharkhand-based company and is alleged to have violated FEMA guidelines. He allegedly travelled to over 25 countries on a fake passport including countries which are known tax havens.
The agency registered the case against Balkrishna acting on the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) FIR, which had charged him with violations of the Passport Act. Balkrishna walked out of jail on bail on August 17 last year. He was sent to jail in July after he was arrested by CBI for allegedly submitting fake documents for obtaining Indian passport.
The CBI had registered a case of cheating and criminal conspiracy against Balkrishna on July 23, 2011 for allegedly procuring fake degree and violating Section 12 of Indian Passport Act by furnishing fake and forged High School and graduation certificates to the passport authorities for obtaining the document.
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President
- 'Upbeat West Indies Test side not impacted by bad results'
- Pakistan Court Releases 3 'R&AW Agents' For Lack of Evidence
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 3 in Abu Dhabi