DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ramdev trust challenge I-T notice
The I-T department has slapped a notice of Rs 58 crore demand on the sale of the ayurvedic medicines by Ramdev owned trusts.
New Delhi: Yoga guru Ramdev's trust have challenged the action of the Income Tax department to slap a tax demand of Rs 58 crore on their income through sales of ayurvedic medicines.
"Since inception we have been doing charity in terms of providing medical relief and other such activities to the needy. We have challenged the I-T department's notice at the Commissioner of I-T (Appeals) office and we know that we will get justice," Ramdev's spokesperson SK Tijarawala told in his reaction to the I-T department's action.
He said the department has said that the trusts have not been doing charitable work but "the world knows that we have been running hospitals and educational institutes for long."
"We will fight against this order and we have noting to hide," he said.
The I-T department has slapped a notice of Rs 58 crore demand on the sale of the ayurvedic medicines by Ramdev owned trusts. The income has been assessed at Rs 120 crore for the assessment year 2009-10.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO