Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh are the next superstars: Akshay Kumar
Akshay Kumar feels that Ranbir Kapoor and Ranveer Singh are the next superstars of the film industry.
Mumbai: Actor Akshay Kumar feels that the B-town heartthrobs Ranbir Kapoor and Ranveer Singh are the next superstars of the film industry.
The 46-year-old actor feels that the fresh crop of actors, who have been trying to make a mark in the industry, are very talented.
"I think Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh and others are doing well. In my eyes, they are next superstars," Akshay said at the trailer launch of his forthcoming home production called 'Fugly'.
Akshay feels newcomers today do not need support of superstars like him to get into the industry.
"When we came as newcomers we needed support but today's newcomers don't need it... they are fit, good, mentally balanced, and professionally better than us. They know what they want or don't want," he said.
"The way they are going is good. There is no need to teach them... they have knowledge about everything. I think they need support of their family (than us)," he added.
In 'Fugly', the actor is launching newcomers including Olympic medal winner boxer Vijender Singh and Anil Kapoor's nephew Mohit Marwah.
When asked if he has taken a risk by casting newcomers in the film, Akshay said, "in every film there is a risk whether I act in films or the films that I produce. I am confident about the film." Fugly is helmed by Kabir Sadanand.
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- Police Release Sketch of Suspects Based on School Children's Description
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18