DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ranbir Kapoor to play Super 30s' Anand Kumar?
Super 30 is an initiative by Anand where he grooms 30 poor children for IIT-JEE.
Patna: After inspiring Amitabh Bachchan's character in Aarakshan, mathematician Anand Kumar of the Super 30 fame is set to get a full-fledged movie based on his life.
With Ranbir Kapoor playing the Anand on screen, sources claim that the movie will be directed by Anurag Basu. Super 30 is an initiative by Anand where he grooms 30 poor children from rural and impoverished backgrounds for the highly competitive IIT-JEE.
Basu has apparently visited Anand in Patna to discuss the film. Sanjeev Dutt, the writer of films like Page 3, Life in a Metro and others, is also attracted to the project. It is, however, not known when the film will be shot.
Anand has already been subject of documentaries by Discovery, NHK of Japan, and French 24. When contacted, Anand admitted that some producers and directors from the Bollywood had contacted him, but he refused to elaborate. "Yes, some of them have approached me, but it is too early to discuss these issues at this point. I am busy with Super 30 at the moment," he added.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes