Ranchi gangrape: Four arrested a day after girl's suicide
In her dying declaration, she alleged the four youths had raped her near Getalsud dam on the outskirts of Ranchi on March 17.
Ranchi: The boyfriend of the victim and three other accused in the gangrape case of a college girl, who committed suicide on Wednesday, were arrested, the police said. "All the four accused have been arrested," Senior Superintendent of Police Saket Kumar Singh said in Ranchi.
The arrests came a day after the girl committed suicide by setting herself on fire. In her dying declaration, she alleged the four youths had raped her near Getalsud dam on the outskirts of Ranchi on March 17.
The girl, hailing from a village in Ranchi district, identified them as her lover Vritranjan Prasad and his friends Utam Mahto, Gouri Shankar, Munda and J Kujur. The SSP said the four were arrested. In her dying statement, the girl alleged they had raped her after she asked Prasad to marry her.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance