Randeep Hooda turns murderer in 'John Day'
Actor Randeep Hooda is all set to play a cold blooded murderer in his next film 'John Day'.
Mumbai: Actor Randeep Hooda is all set to play a cold blooded murderer, a character modelled around Javier Bardem's famous role in 'No Country For Old Men', in his next film 'John Day'. Randeep plays a violent, cold and menacing character with a dark sense of humor much like Anton Chigurh in 'John Day', an edge of the seat revenge drama also starring Naseeruddin Shah with whom Randeep began his career in 'Monsoon Wedding'.
"Randeep's character is modeled around Javier Bardem's character in 'No Country for Old Men' but the similarity ends here. In fact my character is much more complex, just think of Anton Chigurh with an intense love story. Randeep's character is extremely violent, heartless and very aggressive. I was extremely excited while writing the script, and the character and Javier was on my mind," said debutante director Solomon.
Produced by Anjum Rizvi of 'A Wednesday' fame and K Asif, the film has an ensemble cast with Randeep, Naseeruddin Shah, Shernaz Patel, Salim Ghouse and Vipin Sharma playing important characters in the film.
John Day is slated to go on floors in May this year.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands