Randhir Kapoor: The meaning of emotion in a film has changed
Randhir Kapoor plays a key role in Prabhudeva's family drama 'Ramaiya Vastavaiya'.
New Delhi: Yesteryear actor Randhir Kapoor feels today's films have improved technically but content has declined over the period of time.
Randhir, 66, who helmed projects like 'Kal Aaj Aur Kal', 'Dharam Karam' and 'Henna', said the interpretation of emotion has changed today.
"Our films have improved technically but content wise we have declined. The meaning of emotion in a film has changed. I think it's all due to the society because cinema is the reflection of our social life," he said.
The actor was in the capital to promote Prabhudeva's family drama 'Ramaiya Vastavaiya' along with Vinod Khanna, Poonam Dhillon, producer Kumar Taurani and debutante Girish Kumar.
Khanna, 66, was also of the same view about Indian cinema, which is celebrating its 100 years.
"There is no demand of great story today. People just want entertainment. But technically, we are on par with Hollywood," said the actor, who is also playing an important role in 'Ramaiya Vastavaiya'.
He suggested that the film industry should introduce novelists and writers to writing screenplays.
Poonam is also making a comeback in the silver screen after a gap of two years with the film. She is playing Girish's mother and Randhir's wife.
Praising the debutante actor's hard work, Poonam said, "Girish has worked really hard for the film. As a newcomer it is really a tough role because it has got too many shades in it. He starts off a carefree guy and towards the end he turns out to be a responsible and passionate lover," she said.
The film is the remake of Prabhudeva's directorial debut Telugu blockbuster 'Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana' and also stars Shruti Haasan. She was not present at the promotion here as she is busy shooting another project.
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away
- Cauvery Row: Release Water to Tamil Nadu, SC tells Karnataka
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS