Rani Mukerji launches Bhansali's debut TV show
Bhansali is making his debut with a love story based on the iconic Gujarati novel 'Saraswatichandra'.
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji today launched filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali's debut show on television- 'Saraswatichandra'. Rani, who is a close friend of Bhansali, came on the sets of the TV serial in filmcity tonight.
"He is a good friend and I will always be there for him. He is my favourite director. This is his debut on television and I am here to give him the best wishes," Rani told reporters here.
Bhansali is making his debut with a love story based on the iconic Gujarati novel 'Saraswatichandra' and Kumud's love story with his signature style, replete with opulence and grandeur.
"I am happy to bring this show on TV as I always wanted to do it. We have been working on this for close to one year," Bhansali said.
At the launch programme, dancers performed on popular tracks from Bhansali's films like 'Devdas', 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam'.
The show features popular TV actors Gautam Rode and Jennifer Winget in the lead, apart from Monica Bedi and Chetan Pandit.
The show will go on air from February 25 from 7.30 pm from Monday to Friday on Star Plus.
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Virat Kohli Offers Condolences to Families of Uri Attack Victims