Ranjan Promod experiments with his new Malayalam movie
The song 'Chutti Varum Katte' from the movie will be the first Malayalam song taken in a single shot with no cuts
Kochi: Director Ranjan Pramod, who is back after a sabbatical of six years with his latest film 'Rose Guitarinal', seems to be in an experimental mode. He has teamed up with new faces and even canned a song in a single shot with no cuts.
"The song 'Chutti Varum Katte' from the movie will be the first Malayalam song taken in a single shot with no cuts," said the popular scriptwriter-turned-director.
'Rose Guitarinal', a musical romantic saga, to be released later this month, features a whole array of new faces on the screen and off the screen.
The movie, produced by Subair under the Varnachitra banner, is the second directorial venture of Pramod, after the Mohan Lal starrer "Photographer".
Earlier, he caught the attention of film buffs for his brilliant screenplay, especially in 'Meesha Madhavan', one of the best hits, as well as 'Manasinakkare', and 'Achuvinte Amma'.
The film has eight songs, which are composed by Shahabaz Aman. They are doing well on internet.
As far the new faces are concerned, cinematographer and editor are nearly fresh recruits.
"I have directed new faces before. I love working with fresh talent because they are not conditioned by any traditions. Hence, it is easy for me to influence and mould them," said Pramod.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests