Ranvir Sena chief murder: One more arrested
Prince Pandey, one of the accused in the murder of Brahmeshwar Singh, was arrested near Ranchi on Friday.
Patna: Prince Pandey, one of the accused in the murder of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh, was arrested near Ranchi, capital of Jharkhand, police said on Friday.
Prince Pandey was believed to be among those who shot Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh. He was arrested by a joint team of Bihar and Jharkhand police, following a tip-off from intelligence officials.
Brahmeshwar Singh was shot dead in Arrah town, district headquarters of Bhojpur, June 1 while on a morning walk.
He was the founder of the Ranvir Sena, an upper caste private militia that has been blamed for many killings.
Bhojpur Superintendent of Police SR Nayak on Friday said that Prince Pandey had been brought to the district for interrogation.
Two days ago, police filed a chargesheet against six people for the murder of the Ranvir Sena chief.
The Bihar government formed a five-member special investigation team to probe the killing that sparked widespread violence.
Later, the government recommended a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). The CBI, however, is yet to take over the case.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology