DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ranvir Sena chief murder: One more arrested
Prince Pandey, one of the accused in the murder of Brahmeshwar Singh, was arrested near Ranchi on Friday.
Patna: Prince Pandey, one of the accused in the murder of Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh, was arrested near Ranchi, capital of Jharkhand, police said on Friday.
Prince Pandey was believed to be among those who shot Ranvir Sena chief Brahmeshwar Singh. He was arrested by a joint team of Bihar and Jharkhand police, following a tip-off from intelligence officials.
Brahmeshwar Singh was shot dead in Arrah town, district headquarters of Bhojpur, June 1 while on a morning walk.
He was the founder of the Ranvir Sena, an upper caste private militia that has been blamed for many killings.
Bhojpur Superintendent of Police SR Nayak on Friday said that Prince Pandey had been brought to the district for interrogation.
Two days ago, police filed a chargesheet against six people for the murder of the Ranvir Sena chief.
The Bihar government formed a five-member special investigation team to probe the killing that sparked widespread violence.
Later, the government recommended a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). The CBI, however, is yet to take over the case.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Aishwarya, Aaradhya Look Like Real Life Princesses In This Recent Photo
- Sachin Tendulkar Sends Invite To Bollywood Bigwigs For Biopic Premier
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances