Rao was the first to welcome 'Vishwaroopam' on DTH
Also, the film's music is done by ace composer Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy.
Hyderabad: Actor filmmaker Kamal Haasan Sunday said that Telugu filmmaker Dasari Narayana Rao was the first to welcome his decision to release forthcoming film 'Vishwaroopam' first on the Direct-To-Home (DTH) platform.
"When I informed Dasari sir that I'm planning to release my film ('Vishwaroopam') on DTH, he was more than happy to support my decision. It is because of him I'm able to release my film peacefully in Andhra Pradesh," Haasan told reporters here at the audio launch of the Telugu version of 'Vishwaroopam'.
The film, which is written, directed and produced by Kamal, will be premiered in DTH on Jan 10, a day before its theatrical release Jan 11.
Speaking at the event, Rao said: "We've always supported Kamal with his experiments over the years. Today, when he's attempted yet another experiment, we should continue our support than protesting against the release of his film."
Rao was the chief guest along with Telugu producer D Ramanaidu.
The first copy of the audio disc, which was launched by Rao, was handed over to Ramanaidu.
Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy have composed the music for the film, which stars Kamal Haasan, Andrea Jeremiah, Pooja Kumar, Rahul Bose and Shekhar Kapur in lead roles.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences
- Watch: Talking Point With Zakka Jacob
- Glad Tutak Tutak Tutiya Being Compared With Bhool Bhulaiyaa: Prabhu Deva