Rape accused who escaped in a VVIP chopper arrested
The helicopter is meant to carry leaders in the state, including Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
Srinagar: Hours after he made a daring escape using a VVIP helicopter, the rape accused Mohammed Pervez was arrested from Rajouri. Authorities said Pervez pretended to be an accident survivor and fled in the chopper.
The helicopter is meant to carry leaders in the state including Chief Minister Omar Abdullah. The government hospital was shifting accident victims through the helicopter when the incident happened.
The rape suspect also duped a policeman into giving him a compensation of Rs 5,000. The Chief Minister ordered a high level inquiry after the incident.
- Watch: Ajay Devgan Takes Tough Stand On Pakistan Artistes
- Left Govt Trying to Dilute Liquor Policy: Kerala Congress
- Art Is a Very Difficult Business: SS Rajamouli
- Will Settle Matter With Kerala Contractor Out of Court: Congress leader
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- PM Nawaz Sharif has Become Security Risk for Pakistan, Says Imran Khan