Rape accused of minor earlier booked for trespassing
Sources said that the suspect allegedly had a dispute with his family and had been disowned by them.
New Delhi: The elusive suspect in the case of rape of a five-year-old girl in Delhi was also allegedly involved in a trespass case, police said on Friday. Manoj Kumar, who is in his mid-twenties, is involved in a case of trespassing in Gandhi Nagar.
He allegedly had a dispute with his family and had been disowned by them, sources said. However, there was no official confirmation about it. The family had filed the case in 2010 and he was arrested. The accused Manoj is a tailor and had taken the room on the ground floor of the building where the victim stayed.
A senior police official said the owner of the three-storeyed building where the girl and the accused lived did not have any document to prove the identity of Manoj. "However we managed to identify him. We also identified his family and relatives. From them we got to know about his possible hideouts. Two teams are working on finding him," the official said.
Recommended For You
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner