DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rape, assault, rights: S*** politicians said in 2012
From suggesting that eating chowmein led to rape to criticizing women protesters who had make-up on, here are some bizarre things politicians said in 2012.
New Delhi: From suggesting that eating chowmein led to rape, to criticizing women protesters who had make-up on, politicians said some bizarre things in 2012 to claim the limelight.
Not all comments made sense. Congress MP and son of President of India, Abhijit Mukherjee, made a jibe about the 'dented-painted' women gathered at various venues in Delhi to protest the brutal gangrape of a 23-year-old. His comment enraged women across the nation and Mukherjee promptly withdrew the statement.
Khap leaders in Haryana suggested that women get raped because men eat chowmein which causes hormonal imbalance. They even suggested that women be married off early to avoid rapes.
A popular actor in West Bengal blamed the retreating line of skirt hems behind the growing number of cases of eve-teasing. Yes, everyone had a say this year on what caused rapes and violent crimes.
Here's our hall of shame.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances