DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Rare surgery performed at JIPMER
PUDUCHERRY: A rare surgery involving the total replacment of an entire femur (thigh bone) of two 62-year-old cancer pa..
PUDUCHERRY: A rare surgery involving the total replacment of an entire femur (thigh bone) of two 62-year-old cancer patients from Pudhupatti and Tarapuram in TN was successfully conducted by a team from the orthopedic department of JIPMER, recently.
Dr D K Patro, professor and head, department of orthopaedics who led the team in the surgery, said the entire thigh bone was replaced with an artificial steel implant resembling the femur, thus saving them from amputation of their entire lower limb which would have deformed and disabled them permanently. The implants, obtained through Rastriya Arogyo Nidhi, a government of India Fund for poor patients.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong