Rare surgery performed at JIPMER
PUDUCHERRY: A rare surgery involving the total replacment of an entire femur (thigh bone) of two 62-year-old cancer pa..
PUDUCHERRY: A rare surgery involving the total replacment of an entire femur (thigh bone) of two 62-year-old cancer patients from Pudhupatti and Tarapuram in TN was successfully conducted by a team from the orthopedic department of JIPMER, recently.
Dr D K Patro, professor and head, department of orthopaedics who led the team in the surgery, said the entire thigh bone was replaced with an artificial steel implant resembling the femur, thus saving them from amputation of their entire lower limb which would have deformed and disabled them permanently. The implants, obtained through Rastriya Arogyo Nidhi, a government of India Fund for poor patients.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Big Player Battles to Watch Out for
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Beauty and The Beast: Emma Watson Brings New Charisma in the Classic Song
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017