Rasool named as a member in Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council
Rasool, who has been named in the Indian cricket team's tour of Zimbabwe, was nominated as a member in the reconstituted Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council.
Srinagar: Allrounder Parvez Rasool, who has been named in the Indian cricket team's tour of Zimbabwe, was Wednesday nominated as a member in the reconstituted Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council to be headed by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
Rasool is among some of the eminent sportspersons from the state who have been nominated in the Sports Council, which has been reconstituted, an official spokesman said here.
Other eminent sportspersons from the state include Padamshri awardee mountaineer Sonam Namgyal, Bilquees Mir (Kayaking and Canoeing), J B Singh Bali (Hockey), Rashid Ahmad Chowdhary (Fencing), Ram Khajuria (Mountaineering), Dushyant Sharma (Wrestling) and Kuldeep Handoo (Wushu).
The Chief Minister is the president of the Council while Sports Minister is the vice president.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models