Rathore's son wins silver in junior trap event in Finland
Manavaditya Rathore scored 110 out of possible 125 to clinch the second position in the event.
New Delhi: Olympic silver medallist Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore's teenager son Manavaditya Rathore won a silver medal in the Trap Event at the 5th Junior International Shotgun Competition being held at Orimatiila, Finland.
Rathore Junior scored 110 out of possible 125 to clinch the second position in the event.
Later, he teamed up with Sunil Sharan and Abhay Rathore to win gold in the team championship as well.
The girls also weren't left behind as Malika Vig and Varsha Varman battled hard to win silver and bronze medal in the individual trap event.
It was an intense battle as both shot identical scores in the final round but Malika pipped Varsha in the tie-breaker to win the silver.
In the qualification round, it was Varsha, who shout 56 out of possible 75 while Malika managed only 42.
As per new rules of ISSF, the qualification score is not added to the final score and all shooters start with a zero score in Finals.
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time